Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My First ideaLab Project - the "Virtual Resource Center"

For my first ideaLab project, I wanted to start with something that would benefit the advertising team to help reaffirm the support they've given me. 

I came up with the Virtual Resource Center as a way to digitize the sales process for outside sales reps to spend more time on the road selling and less time in the office picking up sales resources, filling out paperwork and turning in ad proofs. Using entirely free tools like Google Apps, Google Docs & Crocodocs, the VRC combines all of the major sales resources necessary to make the sale, turn in order logs and turn around proof corrections for your customer.

The Oakland Press' VRC can be viewed HERE.
You can log in with our view-only user: testuser@oakpress.com, password: oakpress

For a step-by-step guide to building a Virtual Resource Center, click HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment